Reporting to the Transportation and Utilities Manager, the key areas of responsibility will include maintaining the Town of Snow Lake Water and Wastewater Plant and equipment as well as other duties as assigned. This position is a unionized position with The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local Union 2034 at the hourly wage of $32.19.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, innovative, and able to handle changing priorities. The ideal candidate will also have certification in Water and Wastewater Courses to be a certified operator under The Environment Act; however, the Town of Snow Lake is willing to offer training to the successful applicant if required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Daily operations in the Town's Water Treatment Plant
– Daily operations in the Town's Wastewater Treatment Plant
– Preparation of various forms and applications as required
– Respond to emergency call-outs and alarms
– Water meter readings and water main shut off installation as required
– Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Manitoba Workplace Safety & Health Act
– Other duties as assigned
– A minimum of a grade 12 highschool education or a grade 12 GED
– Basic ability with Email, MS Word and MS Excel
– Possession of a valid Class 3A Manitoba Drivers License
– Hold or willing to obtain a Class II in Water Certification and a Class III in Wastewater Certification
– Equivilancies will be considered, and the Town of Snow Lake would be willing to train the right candidate
Please submit a cover letter and resume including three references to the following:
Town of Snow Lake
Box 40, Snow Lake, MB R0B 1M0
The position will remain open until filled.