TOWN OF SNOW LAKE EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS INFORMATION & CHECKLIST
The information provided is to assist in facilitating any procedures that may arise in the event of an emergency evacuation.
In the event that it is deemed necessary to declare an emergency and authorize an evacuation, information will be issued through several sources:
- The Town of Snow Lake website www.snowlake.ca or www.snowlake.com.
- The Town of Snow Lake Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/townofsnowlake.
- Facebook page titled “Snow Lake Bulletin Board.”
- Community Bulletin Boards.
- NCI Radio 96.3 FM, CBC North Country 89.3 FM, emergency loudhailer.
It is IMPORTANT to register in the event of an emergency. A registration booth would be located in the Joseph H. Kerr School. The purpose of registration is to:
- Determine the location where the evacuees are staying.
- Access Disaster Financial Assistance. In order to receive Financial Assistance for evacuation, you must register prior to leaving the community.
- Access the most complete, accurate and up-to-date emergency information.
In order to be prepared we would suggest that the following steps be taken:
- Keep your gas tank full.
- Be prepared to take the following items with you: medications, clothing, personal hygiene items, diapers, formula, important documents including photo I.D., credit cards and money.
- Review your family’s contact information and emergency plan, including pet care.
- Be ready to evacuate all family members, including your pets.
- Minimize smoke inhalation in the home by closing all windows and doors.
For Additional Information: Town Office 204-358-2551